You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone mail showing I have unread mail but no mail in the box

Ever since upgrading to iOS 13.2.3 on my iPhone S.E. Mail shows that I have three unread pieces of mail in the inbox. The problem is that there is no there. Is there a way to fix this?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 1:40 PM

Was debating the best way to resolve the issue. In a dream it was suggested that I disable the account and then re enable it. I tried it and it worked. The three un read emails from November became visible. They were nothing important so I deleted them. Now my phone shows no messages as it should.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2019 1:40 PM in response to Larrie Easterly

Was debating the best way to resolve the issue. In a dream it was suggested that I disable the account and then re enable it. I tried it and it worked. The three un read emails from November became visible. They were nothing important so I deleted them. Now my phone shows no messages as it should.

Nov 28, 2019 9:04 PM in response to SravanKrA

Yes and yes. The mail box in question is setup as POP. I have manually deleted all of the emails on the server and still get the same results. Have closed all the apps and shut the phone down by holding the on/off button. Still see the same thing when I turn it back on. I do not have this issue on this account on either my iPad or Mac.

iPhone mail showing I have unread mail but no mail in the box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.