You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is wrong with reading iCloud documents in iOS 13.2.3?

I just realised that I could not view any document in my iCloud on my iPhone 8. The thumbnails are fine, but when I click on them I just get the title, the size and type of document.

What is going on, please.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 1:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 6:37 AM

OK, I chatted with the Apple support team and I must say they were brilliant. The problem wasn't on my iCloud as I could open the files from my iMac. After deleting, then reinstalling the app from the App Store made no difference, I was advised to force a restart (Volume +, Volume - and side button until the Apple logo appears) and that solved it. I still do not know where the problem came from in the first place but everything works now. I hope this can help someone else, as this place was my first port of call (it has already helped me a few times, just by reading the answers to a problem I faced)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2019 6:37 AM in response to Saint-Just007

OK, I chatted with the Apple support team and I must say they were brilliant. The problem wasn't on my iCloud as I could open the files from my iMac. After deleting, then reinstalling the app from the App Store made no difference, I was advised to force a restart (Volume +, Volume - and side button until the Apple logo appears) and that solved it. I still do not know where the problem came from in the first place but everything works now. I hope this can help someone else, as this place was my first port of call (it has already helped me a few times, just by reading the answers to a problem I faced)

What is wrong with reading iCloud documents in iOS 13.2.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.