You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i lost pictures after i backed up my cellphone, they are not in the cloud

I backed up my old phone correctly with iCloud, and when i checked in the cloud i lost thousands of pictures, they are not in the cloud. how do i get them back?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 9:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 11:35 AM

Not sure if you are aware but there is a difference between iCloud Backup and iCloud Photos. If iCloud Photos is turned on in a device, the photos are viewable on both the device itself and by using a computer internet browser and logging into iCloud.com and going to the Photos app there. More information: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you don't have iCloud Photos turned on but do an iCloud Backup, the photos would be included in the backup but you cannot view the contents of a backup; you can only use it to do a full restore or to set up a new device. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2019 11:35 AM in response to pringi

Not sure if you are aware but there is a difference between iCloud Backup and iCloud Photos. If iCloud Photos is turned on in a device, the photos are viewable on both the device itself and by using a computer internet browser and logging into iCloud.com and going to the Photos app there. More information: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you don't have iCloud Photos turned on but do an iCloud Backup, the photos would be included in the backup but you cannot view the contents of a backup; you can only use it to do a full restore or to set up a new device. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

i lost pictures after i backed up my cellphone, they are not in the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.