You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone opens random email and deletes open email

Running iOS 13.1 on iPhone 6s and I see that the Mail app sometimes opens a random email when the app opens. If I have an email open and reading it and a mail update occurs one of the new emails opens, deleting the email that was open. Previous open email cannot be found in Inbox or any other mail folder. Will try updating iOS 13.2 and see what happens.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 11:49 AM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2020 12:08 PM in response to RayNinu

Have you found any answers to this yet? I have been having the same issue when I open my mail app on my iPhone11 running iOS 13.2.3. When I launch my email it will sometimes open on a random email that I was looking at either hours or days before. I also experienced and issue when I selected my junk folder for my outlook mail and tried to empty the folder. Instead of deleting my junk, it deleted my entire inbox for every mail account I had connected to my mail app. I spent hours trying to reach someone to help and was told I had to contact the mail server helpdesk which for google and outlook are impossible. I lost a lot of emails that I will never be able to restore.

iPhone opens random email and deletes open email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.