You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail with remote connection enabled

I've been having a host of problems on my laptop and the latest is with the mail application. It's apparently under my gmail account. The inbox says "remote connection enabled". A message I received today from Apple Support has a blue banner saying "This message contains remote content". Should I be worried about this?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 2:45 PM

7 replies

Dec 1, 2019 6:50 PM in response to BDAqua

No remote connection is not checked Plus this url remote connection comes up often in system reports or console faults/crashes I have a sample of the connection agent and it seems connected perhaps with an updated Siri input plug, a private framework and I believe to an incredible list of abnormal wake ups I ran the entrecheck and the console at the same time and it was loaded with red dot errors and faults I deleted all Malwarebytes and there r no virus scanning products left except built in as prompted by my report

mail with remote connection enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.