You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to listen explicit music on apple music

I have subscribed to apple music but i am unable to play explicit song even after changing the settings to explicit in restrictions the music is greyed out.

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:45 AM

Hi luvrajpurohit,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to play content with explicit lyrics in Apple Music.

To verify, you've tapped Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions, and "Music, Podcasts & News" is set to Explicit. Is that right? Or is Screen Time off entirely?

As a test, try opening the iTunes Store on your device and search for one of the songs you're unable to play. Then, tap the song title to play a preview, and then try playing the song in Apple Music; does that make a difference?

You could also try using this link and searching for a song to make sure the explicit version is available in your region: iTunes Link Maker

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2019 8:45 AM in response to luvrajpurohit

Hi luvrajpurohit,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to play content with explicit lyrics in Apple Music.

To verify, you've tapped Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions, and "Music, Podcasts & News" is set to Explicit. Is that right? Or is Screen Time off entirely?

As a test, try opening the iTunes Store on your device and search for one of the songs you're unable to play. Then, tap the song title to play a preview, and then try playing the song in Apple Music; does that make a difference?

You could also try using this link and searching for a song to make sure the explicit version is available in your region: iTunes Link Maker

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

Unable to listen explicit music on apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.