You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Curser jumps to another line while typing

I have a reoccurring problem when typing emails or documents. I can be composing and all of a sudden, the cursor will shift to several lines above and begin entering the letters I am typing. I also can generate a "Highlight" line, which if I'm not paying attention, will delete that line. Very frustrating to say in the least.

Anyone help? Seems like a keyboard problem, but cannot characterize it.

A proposed solution to this problem was to go to Trackpad in preferences and deselect "Tap to click" Mine was already deselected. Terry

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 2:24 PM

Hello Terry, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you have noticed the cursor moving around while you're typing on your Mac. 

To begin, check out the troubleshooting steps in this article: If your pointer is jumpy when you use a trackpad, Magic Trackpad, or Magic Mouse

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2019 2:24 PM in response to Terry Duffy

Hello Terry, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you have noticed the cursor moving around while you're typing on your Mac. 

To begin, check out the troubleshooting steps in this article: If your pointer is jumpy when you use a trackpad, Magic Trackpad, or Magic Mouse

All the best.

Curser jumps to another line while typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.