You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes (Catalina) synch with iphone 4

How do I synch my iPhone 4 with iTunes ? It seems I can't synch it in iTunes anymore but iPhone 4 appears in Finder... very annoying. In Finder it only shows the songs but I don't see what playlists are currently on my iPhone.. I don't dare to say yes to synch because it's set to "whole library" which I don't want on my iPhone... I only want selected playlists... I want to keep what's already on my iPhone and add a new playlist. Photo attached. I dragged the new playlist to iPhone 4 and it seems to be on the phone now... but why can't I see all my phone's playlists on the computer?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 7:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 9:52 AM

Music & Finder have somewhat less control over exploring what is already on the device than iTunes had. Even when manually managing the device you cannot play what is on it directly, nor edit metadata or playlists. If there is content on the device that isn't in your library see Recover your iTunes (or Music) library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2019 9:52 AM in response to bszorad

Music & Finder have somewhat less control over exploring what is already on the device than iTunes had. Even when manually managing the device you cannot play what is on it directly, nor edit metadata or playlists. If there is content on the device that isn't in your library see Recover your iTunes (or Music) library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

itunes (Catalina) synch with iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.