You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot download macOS 10.14.6

i cannot download macOS 10.14.6 I need help

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 5:39 PM

I will try to help you out, RmwR26.

but I am just a Mac user here same as you, and I don't work for Apple, and Apple doesn't post here...

10.14.6 is Mojave and it's available in the App Store. that's the way it is now. don't know why they don't post a notice in Software update as well, but it is what it is. You'll have to log in to the App store with your Apple ID and password, which if you've used iTunes, or anything Apple, should be the same. Under search, type in Mojave and it should come up.

You might want to make sure you have an Ethernet connection and an Ethernet cable plugged into your portable mac, as the installer for Mojave, like most recent ones, eg High Sierra, etc, are quite big, around 3 gigs in size. You should also make sure under system preferences>>> Network is Set to Ethernet and not wi fi only, at least while downloading and installing it.

There are also some requirements for 10.14.6 before you try to download and install it.

You need to have at least 10.8 installed on it beforehand, 13 gigs of free storage space, 4 gigs of onboard ram

and one of the following portable macs:

MacBook: Early 2015 or newer

MacBook Air: MId 2012 or newer

MacBook Pro: Mid 2012 or newer

if your portable mac meets these requirements, then you are good to go

if you are not sure, you can find out by clicking on the large Apple icon at the top left of your screen, and choosing About this Mac. It should give you at least a model and a number. write that down. go to everymac.com and under "search" type in that model and number you got, and it'll tell you the specs for that mac. Neat trick, huh ??

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2019 5:39 PM in response to RmwR26

I will try to help you out, RmwR26.

but I am just a Mac user here same as you, and I don't work for Apple, and Apple doesn't post here...

10.14.6 is Mojave and it's available in the App Store. that's the way it is now. don't know why they don't post a notice in Software update as well, but it is what it is. You'll have to log in to the App store with your Apple ID and password, which if you've used iTunes, or anything Apple, should be the same. Under search, type in Mojave and it should come up.

You might want to make sure you have an Ethernet connection and an Ethernet cable plugged into your portable mac, as the installer for Mojave, like most recent ones, eg High Sierra, etc, are quite big, around 3 gigs in size. You should also make sure under system preferences>>> Network is Set to Ethernet and not wi fi only, at least while downloading and installing it.

There are also some requirements for 10.14.6 before you try to download and install it.

You need to have at least 10.8 installed on it beforehand, 13 gigs of free storage space, 4 gigs of onboard ram

and one of the following portable macs:

MacBook: Early 2015 or newer

MacBook Air: MId 2012 or newer

MacBook Pro: Mid 2012 or newer

if your portable mac meets these requirements, then you are good to go

if you are not sure, you can find out by clicking on the large Apple icon at the top left of your screen, and choosing About this Mac. It should give you at least a model and a number. write that down. go to everymac.com and under "search" type in that model and number you got, and it'll tell you the specs for that mac. Neat trick, huh ??

john b

i cannot download macOS 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.