You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message: The operation couldn't be completed. (com.Apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9934.)

I am trying to import pictures from my iphone into my macbook air, but I keep receiving this error message. error message: The operation couldn't be completed. (com.Apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9934.)

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 12:35 PM

Hi there, swax555!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you are having trouble transferring pictures from your iPhone to your Mac. When you try, you receive an error. I'd be happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I have a few suggestions I can make. Try the following:

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Photos and scroll to the bottom. Under the "Transfer to Mac or PC”" heading, select Automatic.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Camera > Formats and change from High Efficiency to Most Compatible.
  3. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support and your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  4. See if you're able to import in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.
  5. See if you can import in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2019 12:35 PM in response to swax555

Hi there, swax555!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you are having trouble transferring pictures from your iPhone to your Mac. When you try, you receive an error. I'd be happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I have a few suggestions I can make. Try the following:

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Photos and scroll to the bottom. Under the "Transfer to Mac or PC”" heading, select Automatic.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Camera > Formats and change from High Efficiency to Most Compatible.
  3. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support and your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  4. See if you're able to import in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.
  5. See if you can import in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Cheers.

error message: The operation couldn't be completed. (com.Apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9934.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.