You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My One year warranty is incorrect

plz help

just bought a brand new MacBook but my warranty shown it will expire within less than a year.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 3:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 3:37 AM

This would indicate that they are not an authorized Apple dealer. If the warranty is substantially different than expected, return it for a refund. Warranty begins on the first day of initial purchase (for an unauthorized dealer, this would be when they purchased the unit from Apple).

8 replies

Dec 8, 2019 11:48 AM in response to darkshadow93

darkshadow93 wrote:
Yes, it's Authorized Reseller in United Arab Emirates.
that's were I bought my MAC

OK. Keep the receipt. I might suggest scanning it too and keeping the file somewhere. Here's the relevant warranty terms for the UAE. Pardon me if I don't cite the Arabic version.

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
Apple warrants the Apple-branded hardware product and Apple-branded accessories contained in the original packaging (“Apple Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Apple's published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period"). Apple’s published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.
Before receiving warranty service, Apple or its agents may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow Apple's procedures for obtaining warranty service. Before submitting your Apple Product for warranty service you should maintain a separate backup copy of the contents of its storage media, remove all personal information that you want to protect and disable all security passwords.

Dec 7, 2019 4:08 PM in response to darkshadow93

If you purchased it from an Apple Authorized Reseller, the date of purchase on the receipt legally determines when the warranty starts, even if the online coverage tool claims something else.

What do you mean by "Emax"? I tried to do a search for what it is. I found a retailer in Indonesia and another one in the United Arab Emirates. Both appear to be Apple Authorized Resellers.

My One year warranty is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.