You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install microsoft home and student 2019

Before I install Cortina on my MAC desktop computer I want to install the upgraded Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019. I need to do this because the current version of Office will no longer work under Cortina. Do I need to remover the current version before installing the upgraded version? I have seen mixed results on how to best install the new version. Thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 10:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 10:51 AM

What is Cortina? I think you mean Catalina, a Cortina was a British car made in the 1960s & 1970s however it has nothing to do with computing?

If you are intending to using Migration Assistant migrate your data and apps, Office for Mac will not migrate however the data files will. In that case I'd recommend uninstalling Office for Mac 2019 prior to migrating and when the new Mac has been set up including finishing Migration Assistant, do and install of Office for Mac 2019.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2019 10:51 AM in response to copanner

What is Cortina? I think you mean Catalina, a Cortina was a British car made in the 1960s & 1970s however it has nothing to do with computing?

If you are intending to using Migration Assistant migrate your data and apps, Office for Mac will not migrate however the data files will. In that case I'd recommend uninstalling Office for Mac 2019 prior to migrating and when the new Mac has been set up including finishing Migration Assistant, do and install of Office for Mac 2019.

install microsoft home and student 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.