You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer driver on catalina

I installed Catalina on my iMac yesterday. I tried printing some .pdf files that were of a PowerPoint presentation. The white background was printed black (the printer is a Canon MX920). Aside from a tremendous waste of ink, it was annoying. My MacBook Pro 15, also running Catalina, did not have any problem printing the .pdf. I thought to re-install Catalina; however (a) I'm not sure that that's necessary and, even if it is, I don't know how to do that. HELP please.

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 12:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 2:28 PM

I hadn't. Having now done so, I see you are exactly correct. The conversion to Catalina must have messed up the settings for the printer. When I deleted it and then added it, it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestion.

2 replies

printer driver on catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.