You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam e-mail from Apple

Hello,

I have recently received an e-mail from “Apple” where they were saying someone purchased something from my apple account and there was an attachment. I haven’t thought twice and I opened it. I was on my phone when I did that. After a few searches on google, now I have all the reasons to believe that was a spam e-mail, and that attachment was a virus. Now I need to ask if whoever sent that to me can broke the access to my informations through my phone, or if is there something I should change/do etc? I have read that apple devices have a strong security and it’s not that easy to take viruses, but I don’t really know anything for sure.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 9:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 2:57 AM

Unless you have previously jailbroken your phone, opening an email will not be a problem. Such scam emails rely on the recipient providing their personal and financial information to a bogus web site. If you have not done that, you are fine.

Similar questions

3 replies

Spam e-mail from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.