You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With transferring the data from the old Mac to the new one I had to create an administrator. How can I merge it again without losing anything?

Met het overzetten van de gegevens van de oude mac naar de nieuwe heb ik nog een beheerder aan moeten maken. Hoe kan ik deze nu weer samenvoegen zonder iets te verliezen . Ik wil graag met 1 beheerder weer alles kunnen openen en niet steeds van beheerder te hoeven schakelen.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 1:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 7:29 PM

Hi Gipsy51, Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. You've posted a question in the English Community. If you are able to repost your question in English, you may reach a larger audience and have a better chance of receiving a reply. Thanks!

3 replies

Dec 12, 2019 7:39 PM in response to Gipsy51

Not using the Setup Assistant when first setting up the new Mac, will usually result in a second account while using Migration Assistant - you created one when setting up the Mac initialy and then Migration assistant will create a second one. I did that many years ago and swore I'd never do it again. Maybe there is a better way, but I had to manually go through everything and throw away duplicates. The other way is to use recovery and start over: erase your hard drive using Disk Utility in recovery, download the OS and then use Setup Assistant which is only offered once during the initial setup.

Google translate:

Als u de Setup Assistant niet gebruikt wanneer u de nieuwe Mac voor het eerst instelt, resulteert dit meestal in een tweede account terwijl u Migration Assistant gebruikt. U hebt er een gemaakt bij het instellen van de Mac en vervolgens maakt Migration Assistant een tweede account. Ik deed dat vele jaren geleden en zwoer dat ik het nooit meer zou doen. Misschien is er een betere manier, maar ik moest alles handmatig doornemen en duplicaten weggooien. De andere manier is om herstel te gebruiken en opnieuw te beginnen: wis uw harde schijf met Schijfhulpprogramma bij het herstel, download het besturingssysteem en gebruik vervolgens Setup Assistant die slechts één keer wordt aangeboden tijdens de eerste installatie.

With transferring the data from the old Mac to the new one I had to create an administrator. How can I merge it again without losing anything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.