You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with ipad kicking out of app’s

My iPad has started just in the last couple of months to randomly kick out of websites back to the home screen or in some cases just go to a black screen. After a bit when I click on the app again it won’t even connect it redirects to home screen immediately. I am often getting website error msgs to and no access. It is very frustrating. Any suggestions how to correct?? Also why when I am reading or scrolling through websites does the page suddenly start refreshing and going back to the top? Argghhh!!!

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 5:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 6:35 AM

Hello,

Have you tried restarting iPad?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies

Dec 15, 2019 3:27 PM in response to Yogi0619

Has your device been updated to iPadOS 13.x - and if so, does the behaviour you observe correlate to this update?

It’s worth noting that iPadOS 13.2.x introduced some major memory management issues, that resulted in Apps/processes being unexpectedly purged from memory after switching to a different App for a short periods. This aggressive/defective memory management problem had the effect of destructively reloading Apps - and was particularly noticeable when returning to an “open” Safari tab from another App.

The most recent updates, iPadOS 13.2.3 and 13.3 have improved (but not entirely resolved) the unexpected memory management issues.

If you are experiencing issues with iPadOS - and have not yet updated to iPadOS 13.3 - upgrading to this version may alleviate the difficulties that you describe.

I hope you find this helpful in resolving, or at least significantly improving, stability of your iPad.

Issues with ipad kicking out of app’s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.