You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos: Some photos not syncing to MacBook Pro

My MBP and iPhone are both signed in to the same iCloud account, and both have iCloud Photos enabled. However, not all my photos are syncing to the MBP. My phone shows 11,536 Photos, 150 Videos, and 100 Items, and iCloud online shows 11,387 photos, 150 Videos, and 249 Other Items (Both add up to 11,786 total items). My MBP shows only 10,671Photos, 148 Videos, and 100 Items (10,919 total items).

Any idea why over 800 items that are stored in iCloud are not appearing on the MBP? I've tried restarting the MBP and signing out and back into iCloud, but the problem persists. Any suggestions?

I'm running the latest version of Catalina.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 11:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 11:55 AM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Similar questions

3 replies

iCloud Photos: Some photos not syncing to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.