You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t unlock

My Apple Watch is stuck on lock. I’ve tried resetting it and it won’t work. It goes back to same locked state. My phone does not recognize the watch as it is asking to pair a device even though the watch has been paired to it for months and I never unpaired it.

I removed the watch from my iCloud. It still will not reset or unlock. (I press the side button and hold screen down so I get the “erase settings” message) I press that and it’s connected to a charger and it “thinks” for a bit with the white dots going in circles. Then instead of finishing reset it goes back to locked screen. I’ve tried everything or am I missing something?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 10:53 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 18, 2019 6:13 PM in response to BreeCha

Hi BreeCha,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to unlock your Apple Watch as the passcode continues to appear. I'll be happy to help.

From the information you provided, it sounds like you've followed the steps outlined here: Reset the passcode on your Apple Watch If this is correct and you continue to experience the same behavior, the next step is to perform a force restart, here's how: How to restart your Apple Watch From there, check and see if you can reset the passcode with the article I previously provided about resetting the passcode on the Apple Watch. Then test and see if you continue to experience the same behavior.

If it continue to occur, I suggest contacting Apple Support to review this further. You can contact them through this link here: Contact Apple Support

Best regards.

Dec 18, 2019 6:53 PM in response to Chris_D13

Hi Chris,

I have tried all that multiple times but when I try erasing all content it just goes back to the locked screen. I’ve tried force restart as well. I have an appt with a tech tomorrow at the Apple store as my iCloud is currently saying my watch is offline but you can see it’s on and locked in the picture.

Dec 18, 2019 8:24 PM in response to BreeCha

BreeCha,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing us that update, along with the photo you provided.

I can see the issue you're experiencing now and understand how this can impact the ability for you to enjoy your Apple Watch. You're in great hands as the technician will be able to inspect your Apple Watch and properly assist you. Wish you all the best. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Kind regards.

Apple Watch won’t unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.