You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Art not showing in all places on Mac

After updating to Catalina, in the music app on my Mac the album artwork doesn't show up in the main body of the program in either Artist or Album view. The artwork does display, however, in the tiny place next to the current song playing, etc. I can re-add the artwork manually, but this is a tremendous pain.

Updating to Catalina 10.15.2 didn't fix the issue for me, sadly.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 4:04 PM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2020 2:23 PM in response to turingtest2

That merely selects all albums and grabs available artwork from Apple correct? I just transferred music library from previous MacBook pro to brand new MacBook pro. Most of my library is showing embedded artwork in meta data but not showing in main display. Most of the album covers are not available through get album artwork.

Pasting images into album doesn't appear to work either. Support has identified this as an issue, but until they are successful what other options are there?

Jan 25, 2020 4:49 PM in response to HugeMusicLibrary

Yes, that is the command to update album artwork from the store where available. It may also persuade Music to refresh its cache with any existing embedded images. If it doesn't work then a possible workaround might be to locate Music's artwork cache and delete it entirely so it can be regenerated. Offhand I don't recall the path for this but I've seen it posted occasionally.

tt2

Album Art not showing in all places on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.