You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play iTunes songs

music is not playing when I select the song I want to play. It wants me to play later or next

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 2:36 PM

loren282 Said:

Play iTunes songs: music is not playing when I select the song I want to play. It wants me to play later or next

———-

5 Thoughts:

• Did you purchase these in a different country? If so, these iTunes purchases are not accessible where you currently are.

• Are you connected to the Internet? If you are not, and these are not downloaded, then skipping will take part, as streaming is not being used.

• If you have changed your password recently, log out of and then back into iTunes account.

• If these are downloaded, remove delete these, then redownload them(perhaps they are corrupted).

• Sometimes purchased items are removed from the iTunes Store, and never become available again. That’s just the way it is :( So, download your purchases for future issues of this sort.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2019 2:36 PM in response to loren282

loren282 Said:

Play iTunes songs: music is not playing when I select the song I want to play. It wants me to play later or next

———-

5 Thoughts:

• Did you purchase these in a different country? If so, these iTunes purchases are not accessible where you currently are.

• Are you connected to the Internet? If you are not, and these are not downloaded, then skipping will take part, as streaming is not being used.

• If you have changed your password recently, log out of and then back into iTunes account.

• If these are downloaded, remove delete these, then redownload them(perhaps they are corrupted).

• Sometimes purchased items are removed from the iTunes Store, and never become available again. That’s just the way it is :( So, download your purchases for future issues of this sort.

Play iTunes songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.