You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Update 10.14.6 will not complete.

My computer is stuck on the Security Update 10.14.6. I have reinstalled from a Time Machine back up and tried downloading the security update from Apple Support directly, but for some reason this attempt is stuck and cannot unstick itself.

I want to download Mac OS Catalina, but this is stopping me because when I go to check for new updates, it appears I need to finish downloading Security Update 10.14.6.

This has been stuck on my computer since November 11.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 9:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 11:17 AM

Are you using WiFi to download, if so try a cabled connection to your Mac, and don't use your Mac for anything else

while you are downloading, also if other devices share the same internet connection, don't use them either.

Have you tried doing this in Safe Mode, Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac – Apple Support

Try downloading the latest Security Update from here, https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2027?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

once downloaded double-click to install.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2019 11:17 AM in response to JAG8749

Are you using WiFi to download, if so try a cabled connection to your Mac, and don't use your Mac for anything else

while you are downloading, also if other devices share the same internet connection, don't use them either.

Have you tried doing this in Safe Mode, Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac – Apple Support

Try downloading the latest Security Update from here, https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2027?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

once downloaded double-click to install.

Dec 19, 2019 1:30 PM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you for your reply. I have tried two of your recommendations. I have downloaded and installed from the website link above (at night when no one else would be using internet) and also started my computer in Safe Mode. The problem just came back.

I'll try installing the Security Update again tonight. Maybe I just had bad luck the first time.

Security Update 10.14.6 will not complete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.