You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just upgraded to Mac Catalina and microsoft word is not compatible. how do i upgrade? who do i contact

I just upgraded to Mac Catalina and microsoft word is not compatible. how do i upgrade? who do i contact

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 9:42 AM

2 replies

Dec 20, 2019 11:13 AM in response to Goldsmithjill

If you have Office 2011 or older, there are no updates. Microsoft has declared those versions obsolete and no longer supports them. The only way to update Office 2011 or older is to buy a new copy.

Office 2016, if it were updated via Microsoft Auto Updater routinely during the time you owned it, will be Catalina-compatible.

If you ignored the Office 2016 update notices before installing Catalina, you will need to contact Microsoft for a new updater utility.

Office 2019 and Office 365 are completely Catalina-compatible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.