You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac

I’m trying to set up my Mac computer and when it tells me to put in my apple-id I put everything in correctly and it says “Unavailable please try again later.” :(

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 6:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 7:40 PM

Sounds like this could be an internet access issue? Have you determined that your are live on the internet and can normally visit other web sites? Try your apple ID to log onto iCloud from Safari, for example, just to convince yourself that your ID is valid. Your description though, does not sound like this is the problem. I saw the same thing you describe on a recent setup, and trying again later did in fact work as expected, so I thought no more about it. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2019 7:40 PM in response to applesnapple15

Sounds like this could be an internet access issue? Have you determined that your are live on the internet and can normally visit other web sites? Try your apple ID to log onto iCloud from Safari, for example, just to convince yourself that your ID is valid. Your description though, does not sound like this is the problem. I saw the same thing you describe on a recent setup, and trying again later did in fact work as expected, so I thought no more about it. Good luck.

iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.