You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got the $200 giftcard with the purchase of an iMac, but got charged $200 on my credit card. What gives?

I got the black Friday $200 gift card with the purchase of an iMac, but got charged $200 on my credit card. What gives?

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 4:20 PM

I can't answer your question, but I recently bought a new iMAC and traded in my old one. They gave me a trade in credit and a $200 electronic gift card which I used at the Apple on line store. It sounds as if they made a mistake on the new computer's price and then corrected that. (Hard to believe, though.) As noted, you need to call Apple. They should be able to tell you what happened.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2019 4:20 PM in response to BosRox

I can't answer your question, but I recently bought a new iMAC and traded in my old one. They gave me a trade in credit and a $200 electronic gift card which I used at the Apple on line store. It sounds as if they made a mistake on the new computer's price and then corrected that. (Hard to believe, though.) As noted, you need to call Apple. They should be able to tell you what happened.

I got the $200 giftcard with the purchase of an iMac, but got charged $200 on my credit card. What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.