You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waiting for approval of new iMac on old iMac

I set up my new iMac today and iCloud is asking me to go to one of my other devices that are logged on to iCloud and approve this iMac. When I logged on, I see my new iMac in the list of My Devices so I'm not sure what the problem is?

I also enabled two factor authentication but am having second thoughts about it given that every time I log onto my iCloud account a new verification code is sent to my iPhone.

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 7:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 7:58 PM

Change Trusted Device list for your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

4 Ways to Change the Trusted Number for Your Apple ID on iPhone or iPad

You need another trusted device or telephone number.

See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support:

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 and later, or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2019 7:58 PM in response to WildBill

Change Trusted Device list for your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

4 Ways to Change the Trusted Number for Your Apple ID on iPhone or iPad

You need another trusted device or telephone number.

See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support:

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 and later, or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication.

Waiting for approval of new iMac on old iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.