You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Mouse 2 not seen by bluetooth

I have Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inch with IOS 13.3. I ordered and received Magic Mouse 2. The mouse will not interface with iPad Pro device or the IOS 13.3. I used the recommended install procedure to avail with the same results. The iPad Pro just doesn't see the mouse. I tried it with my Microsoft laptop and had relative success in both pairing the mouse and control. Believe that the problem is in the pairing. Obviously the mouse can be seen via Bluetooth on the Microsoft machine. Problem exists within IOS 13.3 not handshaking with the mouse and applying drivers to the effect. Please recommend a fix for this is necessary for using mouse with either device. Other devices like AirPod and pencil pair but the mouse will not. Out of luck for this Christmas toy.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 10:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 2:46 AM

I have the same problem but made it work after hours of trying with apple support, not sure if it will work next time I try..

Unfortunately I'm not sure what I did to make it work, but do not give up :-)

It was solved via som combination of settings in assesories/tuch and assesories/controls, can probably be found on youtube.

From what I have understood, the issue is in 13.3, with 13.1 or 13 beta there are no problems with magic mouse 2 and IPAD pro.

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2020 2:46 AM in response to Alejack

I have the same problem but made it work after hours of trying with apple support, not sure if it will work next time I try..

Unfortunately I'm not sure what I did to make it work, but do not give up :-)

It was solved via som combination of settings in assesories/tuch and assesories/controls, can probably be found on youtube.

From what I have understood, the issue is in 13.3, with 13.1 or 13 beta there are no problems with magic mouse 2 and IPAD pro.

Jan 8, 2020 5:49 AM in response to Tonkan

You answer sounds plausible that Apple needs to see why IOS 13.1 will let the magic mouse connect and 13.3 or 13.3.1 drops the connection by Bluetooth. The balll is in Apple's court to find the solution. I agree other forms of OS's such as android and Microsoft are allowing the mouse to connect to other platforms but Apples own product will not.

Jan 29, 2020 5:06 AM in response to choukroun114

Your choice to sell your iPad is drastic. I think Apple needs to take responsibility to correct the issue at hand. After all the mouse use with iPad and iPhone was operational under IOS 13.1 but by the time 13.3 and in your case 13.3.1 came out the connectivity was lost. Problem here is that your Logitech and my Magic Mice don't work because of a change in the IOS. Apple developers need to look at the changes implemented to see if the change has blocked Bluetooth connectivity for these devices. The change in question probably recorded by Apple if they are through. In other words, why does the Air Pods and Pencil work and the Magic Mouse doesn't?

Feb 7, 2020 7:54 PM in response to Miskee1

Yes we are aware that it says that. But note that there is a Magic Mouse and now Magic Mouse 2. Magic Mouse never worked even in 13 and 13.1 but Magic Mouse 2 did. After 13.3, MM2 no longer connects for the majority of people if you’re pairing it for the first time in 13.3. Those who paired it during 13-13.1 will find that MM2 still works even after upgrading to 13.3. Just don’t unpair it in 13.3 or else you may never get the iPad Pro to recognize it again.

Feb 8, 2020 3:31 PM in response to clintfca

This is unreal they did this. I spent so much time wasted buying the Magic Mouse and trying to get it to work. Went to the store. They finally told me it was supported now it’s not. I use my iPad sparingly for work but was planning on using it more which means the mouse was essential. Don’t want another device. I have the iPad Pro 12.9 would have been perfect for my work needs if the mouse was supported. See my work interface I sign into does not function very well to a touch screen. Apple is being selfish at this point does not want to cannibalize it’s own products being Mack. I am not buying a Mac just to serve this purpose. The company has a market cap of 1.3 trillion dollars let it go man.

Apple Magic Mouse 2 not seen by bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.