You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my documents back from the iCloud to my hard drive - the Documents folder has disappeared.

I copied my Documents folder to the iCloud and now the folder gas disappeared from Finder. How do I get it back.,,

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 4:20 PM

That sounds like it turned on Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive when you moved the folder. Did it ask?

If so, you have to turn off Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive.

Your Documents and Desktop folders will reappear in your Home folder.

You then have to move the files from iCloud Drive back into your Desktop & Documents folders.

If it did not turn on Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive, can you create a new folder in your Home and name it Documents? If so, copy the files from iCloud Drive to your new Documents folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2019 4:20 PM in response to donfromoak creek

That sounds like it turned on Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive when you moved the folder. Did it ask?

If so, you have to turn off Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive.

Your Documents and Desktop folders will reappear in your Home folder.

You then have to move the files from iCloud Drive back into your Desktop & Documents folders.

If it did not turn on Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive, can you create a new folder in your Home and name it Documents? If so, copy the files from iCloud Drive to your new Documents folder.

How do I get my documents back from the iCloud to my hard drive - the Documents folder has disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.