You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store App updates:

The App id (my current email) in my settings is correct, but when I go to the App Store to process updates it pulls an old Id (email address) that was deleted long ago. And I can not figure out how to correct this.

i have 12 apps that require updates and I cannot log into them because of the old user Id.

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 9:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 11:36 AM

One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

3 replies

Dec 29, 2019 11:40 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric, But I’m having a disconnect with your advice: when I look at my apps under settings I don’t see the email (user Id) these free apps were down loaded under.

Granted some are old down loads which I guess I could delete and reload but most are new, (recently) added under my current Id.

what I need to edit is the App Store app,

not the individual apps.

Note this is a 6s the App Store app is looked in. I tried to down load a new App Store app and find is for developers only.

App Store App updates:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.