You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you enlarge the new Mail small sidebar to full screen?

This may be a stupid question, but I hate the new Mail small sidebar that pops up when you click on something in Mail. How do you enlarge it to full screen? I can’t read the stupid sidebar, and if I enlarge the type, it no longer fits.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 2:07 PM

7 replies

Dec 29, 2019 3:14 PM in response to sberman

When using Mail if I tap on a thread (a word in blue or underlined) within whatever I’m reading, a pop up appears to the right. I happened to call it a sidebar. The pop up is a very skinny full page. If I want to read it i have to enlarge with the two finger method. Then I can read it except now the whole page isn’t within the pop up. What I need to find out is if the pop up can become an actual full page...can the whole thing be enlarged? It’s annoying to, say, want to see a product being advertised in Mail but can’t enlarge the pop up beside the Mail to actually read about the product. With the old mail, if I wanted to see the thread in the mail, it would just take me to the site. Can’t do that anymore?

How do you enlarge the new Mail small sidebar to full screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.