You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send email on iOS

Hi - I’m getting an error message sending emails (on both iphone and iPad so not the device that’s the problem I don’t think). Message says that the connection to the outgoing server smtp.mail.me.com failed. And that additional servers can be configured in settings. Is there another outbound mail server address that I could try? I couldn’t find one online.

Many thanks

chris

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:44 AM

Ceebeedeebee Said:

Cannot send email on iOS:[...] Message says that the connection to the outgoing server smtp.mail.me.com failed.[...]

———-

Configuring iOS Mail:

Go Here: Mail Server Settings for iCloud email Clients — Apple Support

As the site reads, put just the username, and exclude the @me.com part of the eMail address. See if that fixes it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2019 12:44 AM in response to Ceebeedeebee

Ceebeedeebee Said:

Cannot send email on iOS:[...] Message says that the connection to the outgoing server smtp.mail.me.com failed.[...]

———-

Configuring iOS Mail:

Go Here: Mail Server Settings for iCloud email Clients — Apple Support

As the site reads, put just the username, and exclude the @me.com part of the eMail address. See if that fixes it.

Cannot send email on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.