You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to type backslash with Norwegian keyboard

I recently bought a MacBook Air 2018 so I'm still figuring things out, but I can't for the life of me type backslash with both the Norwegian or Danish keyboard. I've searched this up on a couple of forums and they all tell me to use the same key combinations but it doesn't work. I think there are a lot of conflicting key binds as shift+alt+7 is bound as both show status bar and some help thing. The only time I was able to actually type backslash was with an American keyboard which is pretty frustrating and annoying.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 1:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:15 PM

• Use the Keyboard Viewer on Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-the-keyboard-viewer-on-mac-mchlp1015/10.15/mac/10.15

..Norse version..

These links can be useful for the latest three macOS versions by choice inside the article.

While the Keyboard Viewer has been a built-in feature, since I can't remember. I do have

some early Mac OS X that pre-date this item.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2019 12:15 PM in response to LilBoiJonas

• Use the Keyboard Viewer on Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-the-keyboard-viewer-on-mac-mchlp1015/10.15/mac/10.15

..Norse version..

These links can be useful for the latest three macOS versions by choice inside the article.

While the Keyboard Viewer has been a built-in feature, since I can't remember. I do have

some early Mac OS X that pre-date this item.

Unable to type backslash with Norwegian keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.