You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to put Netflix on my version 4 iPad but it say I need a 12.0 or later what can I do to get Netflix

How to put Netflix on my version 4 iPad

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 8:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 8:46 AM

I presume you have an older model of iPad that cannot be updated to iOS12 or later? If so, then you’re going to be unlucky - as many App’s, including Netflix, have minimum requirements for their App. It is now not unusual for App Developers, particularly following release of iPadOS, to entirely drop support for older versions of iOS.

If you have an old iPad - and wish to use modern/recent App’s - then it may be time to consider replacement of your device with a current/supported model.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2019 8:46 AM in response to zecketia

I presume you have an older model of iPad that cannot be updated to iOS12 or later? If so, then you’re going to be unlucky - as many App’s, including Netflix, have minimum requirements for their App. It is now not unusual for App Developers, particularly following release of iPadOS, to entirely drop support for older versions of iOS.

If you have an old iPad - and wish to use modern/recent App’s - then it may be time to consider replacement of your device with a current/supported model.

I want to put Netflix on my version 4 iPad but it say I need a 12.0 or later what can I do to get Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.