You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPad update section in the app store is missing

In the App Store on my iPad the update section is missing. There are the following sections

Purchased

Subscriptions

Redeme gift card

Send gift card

Add funds to Apple ID

Personalized recommendations

Sign out

The weird thing is that the update section is present on my phone.

I noticed this because I am getting a message in Notability on my Mac that that I need to update or approve opening the notes I changed on the iPad. There are no problems with the notes, the changes I made appear, but I get the message every time I open those notes even if I have previously said continue. It doesn't happen when I open notes I haven't changed on the iPad. So then I went to check if Notability had updated on my iPad and found the whole update section missing.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 11:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 11:44 AM

When you open the App Store, in the upper right corner of the app, you should see your Apple ID icon appear and you tap on that to get to updates.

2 replies

The iPad update section in the app store is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.