You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an Apple TV through Amazon for Christmas. How do I access my free Apple TV + membership?

How do I access my Apple TV+ membership? I bought a new Apple TV through amazing for Christmas.

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:48 PM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2020 5:16 AM in response to anafrombrighton

What if the Apple TV I purchased was for someone else?

The offer is for the Apple ID first registered on the new device. It doesn’t matter who bought the device. The offer is for the recipient of the device.

When I opened my Apple TV I was not prompted to the 1 year free deal. It says free for 7 days. Then the price per month.

The offer should appear on the new device in the Apple TV app, for the first Apple ID account on that device.

If you qualify, and if you did as described, and still do not get to see the year-offer, then contact the Apple Support staff. They can assist getting the service to qualifying users, if needed using activation codes.

I bought an Apple TV through Amazon for Christmas. How do I access my free Apple TV + membership?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.