You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes auto delete after restoring old Backup saved on My Computer

Notes auto delete after restoring old Backup saved on My Computer:

I have accidentally deleted my NOTES

I tried to use an old backup and restored all the notes lost, the backup works fine, all the old backup notes come up BRIEFLY, but then they disappear/deletes/erases !!!

How do I get the old deleted notes form the old backup ? as they do appear briefly...

Anyway to capture/recover before they disappear from the backup-restore ?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:48 PM

See Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

If you cannot recover them that way see then turn off Wi-Fi and cellular data before opening the Notes app after restoring the device once more. Make new copies of each note. Then enable data. Hopefully the new copies survive.

tt2

3 replies

Dec 31, 2019 6:24 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks turingtest2

Yes, turning OFF the WiFi and cellular straight after the restore has allowed the deleted notes to still be available :-)

A point/tip though, when I tried to Move All to a new folder, this did NOT work until i selected the small squares on left upper side, to change the view from List view to Icon view !

So I have now been able to MOVE ALL to a newly created folder, when in icon display/mode

I am now backing up this phone, to see if the phone backup will pull in the moved/saved notes NEW FOLDER, then move/copy to actual Notes and the Backup lol

Will update you when I can :-)

Notes auto delete after restoring old Backup saved on My Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.