You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will a MacBook Pro bought in Switzerland be covered under warranty in India during the warranty period?

If I buy a MacBook Pro in Switzerland and take it to India, will the warranty be honored in India?

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 12:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 9:25 AM

Yes, but the service will be limited as described below:

Ref: Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty - Apple

• Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges.
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2019 9:25 AM in response to bal256

Yes, but the service will be limited as described below:

Ref: Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty - Apple

• Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges.

Dec 31, 2019 8:47 AM in response to bal256

Hi bal256,

What a great question. I will do my best to give you an answer.

Apple does provide global coverage for most Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, iPod, Apple TV, and Apple displays). Service options do vary between countries.

I feel your safest bet would be to purchase your MacBook Pro in the country of origin in case the warranty isn't honored in India for some reason.

I understand that people travel and things come up during travel so one should be able to stop by any Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider for for help in the country they are in.

I hope this helps and best wishes for a happy new year!

Will a MacBook Pro bought in Switzerland be covered under warranty in India during the warranty period?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.