You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed/Mojave

My iCloud iMap mail works but not the Mac mail app (12.4) on iMac, running Mojave 10.14.6.

My mail app login is continually rejected (Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed). I have tried several trouble shooting suggestions.

I was told that the email login was different from apple ID & login. In the .mac to .me to .icloud email transitions I think my mail login and server info got lost or changed.

Questions:

1. Should the iCloud and Mac Mail app logins be the same?
  2. Is there a way to delete and reset the Mac Mail app or do I just run on iCloud?

Thanks.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:39 PM

The email log in is the @iCloud.com address and your Apple ID password.

Your iCloud login is your Apple ID and password.

Have you tried going to Mail/Preferences/Accounts and then delete the iCloud account. Then quit/reopen Mail and add it back.

Similar questions

2 replies

Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed/Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.