You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rename Genius Playlist Name

The "edit playlist name" doesn't seem to work for generated playlists from Genius (at least for me). This is a bummer. I realize I can copy and paste into a new playlist, but why? Doesn't seem logical that Apple would limit this, more likely a UI design flaw introduced in the move to Music from iTunes. Can anyone confirm?

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 2:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 9:40 AM

Greetings, SirKant!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about renaming a Genius Playlist. It sounds like you're following the steps in this article to Use Genius Shuffle or Genius Playlists in Music on Mac. After testing, you're correct that the way to rename the playlist is to create a new playlist with copy and paste to a new playlist when using Genius.

If you'd like to submit feedback to Apple, you can check out this link for Product Feedback to let Apple know your thoughts.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2020 9:40 AM in response to SirKant

Greetings, SirKant!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about renaming a Genius Playlist. It sounds like you're following the steps in this article to Use Genius Shuffle or Genius Playlists in Music on Mac. After testing, you're correct that the way to rename the playlist is to create a new playlist with copy and paste to a new playlist when using Genius.

If you'd like to submit feedback to Apple, you can check out this link for Product Feedback to let Apple know your thoughts.

Take care!

Rename Genius Playlist Name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.