You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging

why does my iphone say this accessory may not be supported when i try to charge it

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 9:47 PM

gabesmith880 Said:

"charging: why does my iphone say this accessory may not be supported when i try to charge it"

-------

Probably, this is for Android Use-Only:

If you are getting this message when using a USB cable, then that is because the USB cable is designed for Android Use-Only. It has different amperage, than cables for Apple.

For Note: The only such cables I have come across that fall under this message, so far, have been braided type. So, for me, I always use Apple brand, for assured of it being safely made for Apple use.

It doesn't have to be Apple brand, you could try a USB cable that states it is designed for Apple use printed directly on the original packaging.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2020 9:47 PM in response to gabesmith880

gabesmith880 Said:

"charging: why does my iphone say this accessory may not be supported when i try to charge it"

-------

Probably, this is for Android Use-Only:

If you are getting this message when using a USB cable, then that is because the USB cable is designed for Android Use-Only. It has different amperage, than cables for Apple.

For Note: The only such cables I have come across that fall under this message, so far, have been braided type. So, for me, I always use Apple brand, for assured of it being safely made for Apple use.

It doesn't have to be Apple brand, you could try a USB cable that states it is designed for Apple use printed directly on the original packaging.

charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.