You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Movies are no longer in my Apple TV Library

I have purchased iTunes movie codes from various people and they show up in my iTunes/Apple TV app and everything works great. Recently I have noticed that some of the movies are no longer there, when I log into Movies Anywhere they show up there and show they are iTunes movies, but they are not in my iTunes/Apple TV library. Example, Black Panther, Fifty Shades of Grey, Deadpool, Has anyone else have this problem of purchased movies being removed from your Apple TV library?

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 12:05 PM

2 replies

Jan 3, 2020 2:27 PM in response to vazandrew

Actually you are paying for codes. However, even if you legitimately redeemed it or bought an items on iTunes then that applies to the file, and you only have access to stream it in the cloud if it is available in the store. There is no guarantee that it will remain there and nowhere does it advertise indefinite cloud access.

If a provider makes a change and adds it back then it is no longer the same item you purchased. This is clearly outlined in the terms, and would also apply to any other digital platform. If you had downloaded and backed up those titles then you would still have them.

Some Movies are no longer in my Apple TV Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.