You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what do I do if my Apple Watch has the latest software but when pairing the watch still says "needs the latest update

I just bought an Apple Watch and I'm having trouble pairing it. Whenever I pair the two devices together the watch says that I don't have the latest software, but when I go into the general tab on my phone it says that I have the latest update. What can I do to get my watch to pair with my phone?

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 10:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 10:09 PM

It isn't possible to pair an iPhone 6 with a watch running 6.0 or newer. If you don't have a newer iPhone, check the store's refund policy.

(177619)

2 replies

what do I do if my Apple Watch has the latest software but when pairing the watch still says "needs the latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.