You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home videos no longer appears on Apple TV 4K.ok on iPad ,Iphone x ,iMac .so why not Apple TV?.

Home videos no longer appears on Apple TV 4K.

Works on my iPad Pro ,Iphone x ,iMac .so why not Apple TV?.or am I doing something wrong??

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 11:41 AM

On the Apple TV box, use the Computers app to access Home Sharing content.

‘Home videos’ should appear in the More tab, unless you changed the media kind to ‘Movie’ or ‘TV show’.

Home videos in iCloud Photos can be accessed through the Photos app.

5 replies

Jan 5, 2020 1:06 PM in response to michaelfromwest parley

i am looking for it on apple tv app on apple tv.

That much was clear. These are some of the feature differences between the Apple TV app on different devices.

i can see it on the computers app but have to keep computer on to watch.

Home Sharing has always required to keep the networked computer on. You don’t need to have the TV app on on the computer, though.

The alternative is cloud storage, which often requires its own subscription, as video files tend to be quite big.

Home videos no longer appears on Apple TV 4K.ok on iPad ,Iphone x ,iMac .so why not Apple TV?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.