You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I save an image that was sent to me on a text message to my phone photo library? I was able to do this until my iPhone was updated.

Up until I updated my iPhone, I was able to save an image that was sent to me from a text message. How do I send photos to my iPhone that have been sent via text message?

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 3:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 6:56 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Robin!

I understand you're unable to save photos sent to you via Messages. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

First, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Make sure you also have the latest updates installed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After trying theses steps, try saving a photo as usual.

If the issue continues, do you receive any error messages when attempting to save?

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2020 6:56 AM in response to Robin Malony

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Robin!

I understand you're unable to save photos sent to you via Messages. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

First, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Make sure you also have the latest updates installed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After trying theses steps, try saving a photo as usual.

If the issue continues, do you receive any error messages when attempting to save?

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Why can't I save an image that was sent to me on a text message to my phone photo library? I was able to do this until my iPhone was updated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.