You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac late 2011 running yosemite,, what can i upgrade to and how, there are no updates in the app store

I have an iMac late 2011 model I am running yosemite, 10.10.5 what can i upgrade to THERE ARE NO UPDATES IN THE APP STORE

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 12:26 PM

You can install High Sierra

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

9 replies

Jan 7, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Becca57

Don't forget that some of the apps you have installed in Yosemite might stop working with an upgrade. You can try checking the RoaringApps website at https://roaringapps.com/apps to see what versions of apps work on which version of macOS - they don't have every app in existence, but do have info on quite a few.

And another important thing to do before any upgrade is to have a full backup that has been verified in case you need to undo any upgrade.

Good luck...

I have an iMac late 2011 running yosemite,, what can i upgrade to and how, there are no updates in the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.