You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I receive a text on my I phone, my wtch vibrates but the I phone doesNOT ring like it used to. Why? How can i get the phone to ring and watch to vibrate?

When I receive a text on my I phone my watch vibrates BUT my I phone doe NOT ring like it usually does. How do I get the I phone to ring and watch to vibrate??

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 4:10 PM

3 replies

Jan 10, 2020 6:44 PM in response to 11-19-68

If your iPhone is locked, notifications will come to the Apple Watch, not the iPhone. If the iPhone is unlocked, the notifications will come to the iPhone, not the Apple Watch. This is the way it is supposed to work, it is by design. Read through this to understand how notifications work with the Apple Watch, Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

When I receive a text on my I phone, my wtch vibrates but the I phone doesNOT ring like it used to. Why? How can i get the phone to ring and watch to vibrate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.