You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone “Built in” screen time utility/parental controls question

Can a child ask for more time when limit is reached and can I add it remotely from my phone if we have family sharing set up?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 10:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 6:47 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ratlasv!

I understand you want to know if a child can request more time once the app limit is reached. I'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

With Screen Time enabled, you can allow your child more time using an app when they request it.

Test this by setting up a limit for one of the apps on your child's device. Once the limit is reached, they should be prompted if they want to request more time.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2020 6:47 AM in response to ratlasv

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ratlasv!

I understand you want to know if a child can request more time once the app limit is reached. I'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

With Screen Time enabled, you can allow your child more time using an app when they request it.

Test this by setting up a limit for one of the apps on your child's device. Once the limit is reached, they should be prompted if they want to request more time.

Have a great day!

Jan 15, 2020 7:24 AM in response to i_rina

Another question about apple’s screen time parental controls....

do I have to set the controls BOTH on my sons phone AND duplicate them on my phone under his profile in the family sharing setting?

Also, there have been several mornings his apps are still disabled even though I keep his phone shut down at night and it is after the downtime.

thanks.

IPhone “Built in” screen time utility/parental controls question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.