You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing texts

I get texts from my iPhone on my iPad, but not from certain contacts. Why. I also find that I can’t send texts to those contacts from my iPad. Why?

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 4:06 PM

SMS Text Messages are a Cellular Phone feature - not directly supported by iPad. To use SMS messaging on your iPad, your iPad must be paired with an iPhone - and text message forwarding enabled.

On iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - select ON for each associated device.

Hope you find this to be helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2020 4:06 PM in response to MichaelPpp

SMS Text Messages are a Cellular Phone feature - not directly supported by iPad. To use SMS messaging on your iPad, your iPad must be paired with an iPhone - and text message forwarding enabled.

On iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - select ON for each associated device.

Hope you find this to be helpful.

Missing texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.