You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod Pro's not charging while in the charging case and the case is fully charged.

I have had my airpod's for about 45 days and have issues with them not charging when they are in the case. Case is fully charged, but it's like it thinks they are still in use and not in the case. Has anyone had that issue; and if so, what did you do to fix?

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:26 AM

I didn't have this issue personally. I have AirPods 2nd gen, and I think the source of problem is that the magnets are damaged. The magnets are used to charge the AirPods while they're in the case, the cause of this problem might have been because of Falling, etc. Try putting the AirPods in the case and turn the case upside down, if they fall, it probably means that the magnets are damaged.

Here's a solution I've found online, I hope it fixes the problem:

Reset your AirPods Case:

Resetting your AirPods case is going to clear the operating system which could fix the charging process. To reset the AirPods case:

Press and hold the setup button on the back of your case. Let go of the button when the status light flashes amber, then flashes white.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 10:26 AM in response to Jamestown_85

I didn't have this issue personally. I have AirPods 2nd gen, and I think the source of problem is that the magnets are damaged. The magnets are used to charge the AirPods while they're in the case, the cause of this problem might have been because of Falling, etc. Try putting the AirPods in the case and turn the case upside down, if they fall, it probably means that the magnets are damaged.

Here's a solution I've found online, I hope it fixes the problem:

Reset your AirPods Case:

Resetting your AirPods case is going to clear the operating system which could fix the charging process. To reset the AirPods case:

Press and hold the setup button on the back of your case. Let go of the button when the status light flashes amber, then flashes white.

Airpod Pro's not charging while in the charging case and the case is fully charged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.