You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina New Canon Printer Drivers

Just had a strange conversation from a Canon tech person, he says I have to delete the old canon drivers and reinstall new ones. I can't see anything on apple help about uninstalling printer drivers. I've followed a few things from goggling it. I have a fairly New printer Pixma G3500 it does work, it just prints in Green now ?? I've been on the apple forums cant see anything about this.

Can anyone help please ?

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:29 AM

If you have any Canon software installed, I'd recommend uninstalling it. Then use the following for setting up your printer. Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If for some reason that does not work, then use the Reset the printing system steps for resetting the printing system and then adding the re-adding the printer per the first link.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 10:29 AM in response to Perkyboy

If you have any Canon software installed, I'd recommend uninstalling it. Then use the following for setting up your printer. Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If for some reason that does not work, then use the Reset the printing system steps for resetting the printing system and then adding the re-adding the printer per the first link.

Jan 13, 2020 12:53 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Many Thanks for your reply, there are so many folders with Canon files, none of the say they are Drivers, I followed some instructions and deleted the PPDs files. I then downloaded the files from Canon site for G3000 series for Mac OS Catalina

, it still doesn't Print at all now. Do I have to restart Mac for this to work ? Many Thanks

Catalina New Canon Printer Drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.