You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

conditional highlighting a cell with editable text based on another cell

Is there a way to conditional highlight a cell with editable text based on another cell? So for example - A1-B1 can add first names & last names. Those cells (A1-B1) are highlighted based on what is in cell C1.

iPad Air 2, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 11:19 PM

6 replies

Jan 15, 2020 11:53 PM in response to Yellowbox

For example in cell A & B I would like to add customers names, as I get them. Wouldn’t have them all at the start. In cell C I would like to have what type of membership they have. Based on what type of membership would I like the cell with their names be highlighted.

So for example: both A2 & B2 be highlighted red based on C2 Month to Month to indicated moving them to an 18 month.

A3 & B3 would be highlighted green based on C3 indicating no further action.

Jan 16, 2020 3:01 AM in response to casey00000

You may have to settle for highlighting just the cells in the Membership column, with something like this:

Be sure to experiment with the Category functionality (click the C column header and choose 'Add Category for Membership'), which with then group your data by membership type and may do what you want without color highlighting.

SG

conditional highlighting a cell with editable text based on another cell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.